ISO 27001 is a standard that regulates how information security is managed in an organization. Its objective is to ensure proper management of information in the organization.
During the preparation for compliance with the standard’s requirements, a mechanism is created for identifying risks and creating appropriate controls. The goal is for the data to be safe and available and that it will be possible to recover and return to normal in case of an emergency.
Madsec also prepares companies for the following extensions:
- ISO 27799 – providing tools and a methodology for medical organizations and entities with access to personal medical information to protect the accessibility, integrity, and confidentiality of the personal medical data in their possession.
- ISO 27002 – Outlines a list of potential controls and control mechanisms for ISO 27001.
- ISO 27032 – improves existing organizational controls on issues such as social engineering, phishing, and malware/spyware.
- ISO 27017 – expands and specifies cloud service providers’ and customers’ requirements.
- ISO 27018 – focuses on protecting personal information (PII – Personally Identifiable Information) in the cloud.
Who needs the ISO 27001 standard?
- Any organization, from small private companies to large corporations, must adequately prepare for cyber threats.
- Companies bidding on government tenders pertaining to computerized information projects or businesses where that standard is a threshold requirement.
What are the advantages of that certification?
- Meeting the requirements of international markets, government offices and large companies.
- Optimizing information security processes in the organization while constantly improving.
- Quality branding of the company for its customers.
- The certification facilitates compliance with local and global legislative requirements, such as GDPR and HIPAA.
- The certification enables better protection of information privacy in accordance with the requirements of the Israeli Privacy Protection Law.
- Preparing for disaster recovery and business continuity.
What are the highlights of the test?
The ISO 27001 certificate indicates to your current and potential customers that your organization’s information security implementation processes have been defined and are managed in an orderly and systematic manner. Clients will know your organization’s level of confidentiality, reliability and availability has been tested to an international standard. The key points will be:
- Identifying and managing information risks.
- Selecting only the necessary controls to save on expenses.
- Defining systematic protocols to treat and prevent cyber incidents.
- Setting clear goals for information security management and how to attain them.
- ISO 27001 certification requires preparation as it encompasses many topics. It is a comprehensive set of procedures, tracking methods, and a clear definition of goals. Our work method is straightforward and based on years of experience. We will guide you through the process, including during the meetings with the external ISO auditor. This method has allowed us to reach 100% success rate.